2022 Onslow Oktoberfest Vendor Guidelines
1. All vendors participating in the festival must agree to abide by the guidelines provided below.
2. All vendors must attach a photograph of their equipment such as vehicle and canopy.
3. Commercial vendors must provide certificates of insurance naming Onslow Community Outreach and the City of Jacksonville as an additional insured. Please have liability limits NO lower than $1,000,000. Vendors are also required to submit a sales tax certificate to the City of Jacksonville.
4. Food vendors must attach a copy of their menu to the application. Only the host organization, Onslow Community Outreach, is allowed to sell bratwurst, hotdogs, or German potato salad.
5. Food vendors must fill out a Temporary Food Permit from the Onslow County Health Department.
6. All vendors are advised to print and keep a copy of these guidelines for their own records.
7. The Onslow Oktoberfest and all participants will follow the State of North Carolina, Onslow County and federal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. As health concerns change, the festival policies may adjust accordingly. All vendors must follow the guidelines required at the time of the festival.
8. The Onslow Oktoberfest is a diverse and inclusive event that incorporates vendors, organizations and sponsors that are supportive of our mission to welcome the whole community.
9. The festival zone is located in the heart of Downtown Jacksonville, NC.
10. Once a booth application is submitted, the application fee will be charged immediately. The application will be reviewed by the Festival Committee and designated Vendor Chair. Upon approval, the vendor will be contacted and the booth fees processed as identified in the application. Once accepted, the booth application is non-refundable. Any vendor waitlisted may resubmit materials for further consideration. Any vendor denied may apply again next year. All decisions by the Festival Committee and Vendor Chair are final.
11. The Onslow Oktoberfest is an inclusive environment. If at any point a vendor’s items, products, services
or promotions become divisive, exclusionary or offensive the vendor will have the opportunity to take corrective actions or be dismissed from the festival.
12. All types of vendors, nonprofit organizations, educational groups, food vendors, faith-based organizations, commercial vendors, political organizations and sponsors are mixed within each section of the festival. Neighboring vendors may be similar or very different from your type of vending.
13. The festival is held rain or shine.
14. Booth space is simply that – space. The standard booth space is 12 feet wide and 10 feet deep. This easily allows for a 10 ft x 10 ft tent. Vendors must provide their own tent, tables, chairs and displays.
15. Any vendor booth set up that reaches beyond 12 feet wide by 10 feet deep must apply for a double or triple booth space. Food vendors, commercial vendors and sponsors are reminded any trailer, structure or vehicle must fit within the 10x12 ft space.
16. Tents must be weighted down properly for safety. The American Tent Association recommends 40 lb weights per leg. No stakes may be put in the ground. Be prepared with cement buckets or sandbags to help keep your tent/canopy in place.
17. Every vendor must have a minimum of a 5-pound fire extinguisher with a current service tag.
18. Vendors are expected to participate on both days of the festival, Friday 3 pm – 9 pm and Saturday, 10 am to 9 pm. If you are unable to attend during this time, you must notify the festival committee immediately.
19. Sidewalks may not be used for storage and must remain open for pedestrian traffic.
20. Food vendors are required to set up on Friday night in preparation for the Health Department Inspections.
21. All vendors are encouraged to set up their booth, tables and display equipment on Friday night.
22. Health and Fire Department inspections begin Friday after 3:00 PM. Any vendor who does not pass Health and Fire Department inspections will not be allowed to participate and shall not receive a refund.
23. On Saturday night, vehicles shall not be allowed in the festival area until the event is over at 9:00 P.M. NO EXCEPTIONS.
24. The host organization does not provide electricity for commercial vendors. Quiet (low noise) portable generators are allowed. Vendors shall not place electrical cords in the street and sidewalk in a manner that creates unsafe conditions.
25. Vendors must bring a system for the disposal of gray water. Do not pour grease, oil, dirty water, food debris, or other waste on the ground, in public trash containers, or down street sewer pipes. It is the responsibility of each vendor to handle their waste according to City codes.
26. Your equipment and exhibit cannot be longer than the length specified on the application. You are not allowed to encroach on another vendor space or sidewalk. Vendors may purchase two spaces.
27. Your booth and display must be neat in appearance, respectful and occupied at all times.
28. All giveaway items must be approved by the Festival Committee. Non-profit groups are prohibited from giving away any items that other vendors are selling, such as bottled water, sodas & hotdogs. Please provide sample literature of services and projects that the group undertakes.
29. Politicians and businesses must purchase a booth in order to distribute materials at the festival.
30. We guarantee no exclusivity of product. Vendors representing the same company or product are responsible for ensuring compliance with their company rules.
31. The host organization is not responsible for personal injury, damage or loss of merchandise or personal property while participating in the festival.
32. These rules have been determined by the Festival Committee. You agree to adhere to these rules by registering to participate in the festival. Failure to follow these rules shall result in dismissal from the festival without a refund. The Festival Committee reserves the right to refuse or to remove a vendor from the festival.
33. The event will be held rain or shine. No refunds. Payments from vendors, runners and businesses are donations for charitable programs: Onslow Soup Kitchen, Homeless Shelter and Caring Community Clinic.
34. Vendor Load in and Breakdown will be coordinated by festival staff and volunteers. Parking for vendors will be provided in designated areas.
35. Vendors may leave their booth structures, tents, tables, and equipment set up overnight on Friday. The festival recommends storing away merchandise in locked and/or secure storage units. Traffic will not be allowed to enter the festival zone. Security will patrol the festival zone 24 hours a day from Friday to Saturday, however, they cannot provide individual security for each booth.
36. Vendor items and prices must be in line with the information submitted on the application. Vendors selling unapproved items or inflated prices will be allowed to take corrective actions or will be immediately dismissed from the festival.
37. Music, sounds, shouting or sales “barking” during the festival is discouraged. All vendors must manage their customer lines. Sound and waiting customers may not interfere with the operation of neighboring vendors and/or entertainment stages.
38. Only approved vendors will be allowed to conduct business at the Onslow Oktoberfest.
39. Vendors must provide an NC Sales Tax number, which can be obtained from the NC State Revenue office. Vendors are responsible for the license, sales tax, and shipping related to their sales.
40. Vendors are responsible for their own insurance. The festival will not be held liable for any damages to you, your merchandise, equipment, or those shopping at your booth.
41. The City of Jacksonville provides large trash receptacles throughout the festival. Vendors may use these for general trash. Trash may not be left piled on curbs, sidewalks, or in the streets. Food vendors must dispose of their own waste, grease, and greywater. Greywater disposal sites will be identified.
42. Illegal paraphernalia cannot be sold or displayed.
43. The Onslow Oktoberfest holds private the names and contact information of all vendors. Information is not shared or sold to any third-party organization.